The Asana marketing team is focused on driving growth and building a brand that customers love. We focus not only on acquiring users, but also on creating content and campaigns that nurture existing teams and drive them to upgrade. Our team is growing rapidly, and includes team members focused on product marketing, content creation, partnerships, ads, and lifecycle marketing. To help power our next wave of user acquisition, we’re looking for an analytical, creative, and collaborative Technical SEO Manager to drive global organic growth.
As the Technical SEO lead, you will be responsible for identifying and executing technical and infrastructure related organic growth initiatives to acquire incremental Asana users. You will own and lead the strategy for managing search engine compliance and technical optimizations on Asana web properties, operate throughout Asana’s organization to build and foster strategic cross-functional relationships, and deliver search insights that can shape and improve our global marketing programs. You will partner closely with our entire Acquisition team as well as our various engineering, marketing and creative teams in San Francisco, Dublin, Sydney and Tokyo.
What you’ll achieve
- Build and iterate a strategic technical SEO roadmap of site updates, experiments and technical initiatives to improve domestic and regional keyword rankings as well as global search marketshare to drive organic traffic, signups, and revenue.
- Champion technical SEO internally and provide requirements and best practices to help major initiatives such as Page Experience/Core Web Vitals improvements & internal expansion efforts on Asana.com
- Work with in-house and regional marketing teams to identify, resolve and standardize technical SEO across Asana’s regional web properties to be in compliance with Google requirements
- Continuously drive an improvement process to identify new SEO growth opportunities via analyzing existing technical architecture, page performance, site health, audits and data/traffic analysis
- Monitor the organic performance of International Asana properties as well as competitor sites, SERP features and Google algorithm updates.
- Present a strong perspective about what high-performing SEO looks like, and create a system that ensures internal teams and projects throughout Asana are aligning with SEO best practices.
- Partner with our Business & Marketing Analytics teams to create and deliver SEO performance reports, and provide actionable insights for partner teams.
- 5+ years of SEO experience working with a complex website, preferably with an international or global brand
- 3+ years of experience with technical SEO
- Strong data-driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with in-house content and technical stakeholders
- Ability to deliver organic results without compromising the brand experience for users
- Ability to articulate SEO technical requirements, writing functional specs and setting standards for site health and page performance
- Well-versed in defining roadmaps and delivering with teams that employ effective technical site health and page performance methodologies
- Working knowledge of BI and SEO tools. (We use Looker, Redshift, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Search Console, DataDog, ahrefs, and SEMRush)
- Experience working in SaaS
- Experience with localization
- Familiarity with a freemium or self-serve business model
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.