Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, User Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on the engine that powers Asana for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to lead the Infrastructure PM team. The Infrastructure pillar at Asana is responsible for delivering a secure, scalable, reliable and performant application to our users and to improve velocity for our engineers. You’ll be responsible for an extensive and rapidly growing surface area. As a critical member of the Infrastructure leadership team, you’ll use curiosity, domain expertise, and your product experience to set strategy and support and coach your team as they take on complex, ambiguous projects. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and actively work to improve the people, product, and processes on your team and in your organization.
What you’ll achieve
- Build, mentor, and lead a world-class team of Product Managers across the Infrastructure pillar areas, including security, infrastructure, application frameworks and developer tools.
- Establish and build consensus around a vision, strategy, and execution process for the Infrastructure Pillar at Asana. You articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Support your teams in defining and delivering roadmaps (and setting goals) based on customer needs and strategic opportunities and build alignment across teams, cross-functional partners and other leaders. Partner with Engineering peers to execute on the plan.
- Create alignment across teams and cross-functional leadership through clear communication and strategic influence.
- Provide oversight and prioritization guidance to the entire organization on opportunities for improvements to critical performance goals.
- Implement best in class product development and management practices.
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- 7+ years of experience in product management, with a focus on high-scale, preferably Cloud native, data services, service APIs, and distributed systems at scale. Direct experience launching and managing features in search infrastructure, data infrastructure, internal tooling, frameworks, security, databases, ML platforms or ML applications is a plus.
- 3+ years experience building, managing, mentoring, and leading world-class product managers.
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership with an ability to lead and influence teams.
- BA/BS or greater in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent technical experience.
- Ability to grasp and translate customer needs (both internal and external) into technical capabilities, and communicate them to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience scaling a hyper-growth org while delivering global B2B or B2C products and ecosystems.
- Experience managing a geographically distributed team that builds, scales and manages production services.
- Ideal: Held Director+ roles at B2B or B2C technology companies/cloud hosted infrastructure companies.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.