Head of Quantitative Market Research
We’re looking for a strategic leader who is passionate about leveraging quantitative survey research to drive business and product decisions, and building a great team to do so. You’ll support a team of quantitative market researchers with a focus on driving business impact through expert survey research and insights. You are someone who enjoys the challenge of balancing speed and rigor, deciding when to bias for one or the other based on business goals, as well as creating processes for your team that help them do the same.
Reporting into the Data organization, you are as enthusiastic about building and mentoring a highly effective team as you are about solving challenging research problems. In addition to people management and strategic partnership with stakeholders, you will have the chance to get hands-on with research projects.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of experienced quantitative market researchers partnering with Asana’s business and product teams
- Partner closely with leaders in marketing, product, data science, UX research, and other areas
- Influence business and product strategy across the company by socializing insights and recommendations from QMR and connecting the dots to guide stakeholders in strategic decisions
- Implement team practices that empower stakeholders to make research-informed decisions, striking a balance between rigorous research methods and speed of decision-making
- Support researchers in their technical and professional development
- Work closely with recruiting to grow the team over time
- Make occasional hands-on contributions to the team’s research work — designing surveys, analyzing data, and presenting insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, statistics, marketing science, or a related quantitative field; Master’s degree or Ph.D.
- 5+ years hands-on experience conducting primary research in-house or in a consultancy or agency, including working with key stakeholders to drive business decision-making with research
- 4+ years of experience managing a research team solving business problems and driving business and/or product strategy
- Experience collaborating with qualitative researchers on mixed-methods research
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done
- Equally comfortable leading scrappy, tactical research and longer-term strategic research
- Clear, creative, and compelling communicator of research findings to non-research audiences
- Proficient in questionnaire design, survey sampling, and weighting
- Adept in quantitative methods (e.g. hypothesis testing, descriptive analysis, regression) with experience applying these methods to survey data
- Familiar with market research methods (e.g. MaxDiff, conjoint analysis) and/or advanced statistical models (e.g. logistic regression, mixed-effects models, hierarchical linear models)
- Proficient in manipulating and analyzing data with one or more common statistical tools or languages (R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.