The Insights team is focused on bringing more powerful reporting, visualization, and analytics to Asana. We’re building tools like project dashboards and interactive status updates that move us to a world where team leads feel confident because they have a clear, data backed picture of relevant work from which they can easily translate their story for a diverse group of stakeholders, building trust and facilitating action.
What you'll achieve
- Manage and enable the growth of the talented engineers on the Insights team
- Partner with the team and cross-functional stakeholders to develop Asana’s long term strategy and roadmap for reporting
- Help push forward Asana’s UI and backend development paradigms to support our more novel use cases
- Build a product that’s usable by our smallest customers but also drives Asana’s growth at enterprise scale
- Work with other Asana NYC engineering leaders to guide and shape the culture and growth of the NYC office
- Deeply passionate about creating a delightful user experience powered by intelligent technology
- 1+ year of engineering management experience
- Can rapidly earn the trust of a technically adept team through your rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity, and technical skills
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion such as design documentation and white-boarding sessions
- Kind and intellectually mature
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.