We are looking for a curious and technically savvy analyst to help us grow and optimize our SaaS business. You will leverage your analytical problem-solving skills to identify short- and long-term opportunities across the customer lifecycle and drive data-driven actions to grow our business. In this role, analytical skills and the ability to clearly communicate your findings to business leadership will be critical to success and driving impact.
You will be part of the Business Analytics team within the Strategic and Business Operations, responsible for identifying and driving short- and long-term growth opportunities across the business. We are a data-driven team that works cross-functionally with a talented team of experts across Product, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Customer Support.
What you’ll achieve
- Partner with a team of experienced SaaS business professionals to drive a growing software subscriptions business.
- Develop depth and breadth of understanding of Asana’s customers and our business model, and build fluency in the levers available for growth.
- Answer questions with data using your mad SQL data set skills together with fortitude and creative persistence.
- Leverage your creative thinking, curiosity and technical expertise to identify opportunities to help grow our business.
- Develop business reporting and forecasting models to accurately predict short- and long-term implications of trends in the business.
- Use your advanced analytics skills (statistics, regression analysis) to discover and articulate short- and long-term business opportunities to the leadership team.
- Scale the decision-making capabilities of the business organization by establishing and rolling out self-service analytics tools and capabilities.
- Significant experience with SQL and large datasets; deep understanding of statistical analysis, common quant techniques like regression etc, experiment design
- Ideally 8+ total years of experience, with 5+ years using analytics and analysis to drive key business decisions; working with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support teams
- Knowledgeable about statistics such as regression analysis, clustering
- Passionate about using data to inform company-wide strategy and decision-making.
- Comfortable presenting and engaging with leadership
- Ability to craft a narrative around business performance, insights, or opportunities to engage stakeholders and drive decisions
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders; clearly present and communicate findings; work independently; proven track record of initiating and launching impactful initiatives in high-growth environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to frame complex problems
- Tooling: SQL, Tableau, Looker, Python/R, Excel
- Deep understanding of and experience working with SaaS business model
- Proficiency in Python programming a plus
- Curious and interested in learning
- Sense of humor
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.