As a Strategic Solutions Engineer, you will play a critical role in helping our largest and most strategic prospects understand the value of Asana. Through your deep product knowledge, expertise in how companies use and deploy SaaS applications, and technical objection handling in customer interactions, you’ll support our Strategic Sales team and ensure they constantly move towards a close.
The solutions engineering team at Asana explores the art of the possible with prospects and demonstrates the path to get there with Asana. Along the way, the SE will gain an understanding of adjacent technologies in use and begin to architect how Asana fits within that ecosystem. We will also work with Cyber Security experts to align our Security practices with those of our customers. Sometimes, there is no obvious answer to the pains that customers face and it takes someone with an entrepreneurial, creative, and whole systems mindset to solve these ambiguous problems. It also takes someone who is always seeking to leave things better than they found them and is self-reflective about their approach and how to communicate it.
We’re looking for someone who will make it their mission to streamline every part of Asana’s sales process and be a primary customer-facing voice of our Product and Engineering teams. As a key voice of the customer back to the Product team, you will also help identify and overcome technical, educational, and competitive obstacles to our continued enterprise and strategic sales growth.
What You’ll Achieve
- Be a key player in helping Asana achieve it’s revenue goal
- Provide technical expertise to help the customer achieve great things
- Your work will directly impact the vision of the product
- Help to strategize and execute the largest revenue opportunities at Asana
- Position Asana’s solution as a market leader
- Become a trusted advisor for colleagues and customers
- Craft and deliver world-class narratives and product demonstrations that validate Asana’s ROI and Business Impact
- Liaise with our customers senior executives and leaders
- Work with internal product stakeholders to deliver customer feedback and deliver solutions back to the customer
- Work cross-functionally with the entire business (Sales, Product, Security, User Operations, Customer Success, Engineering) to achieve revenue goals
- 7+ years in a Sales Engineering role (or similar) in a SaaS environment.
- A storyteller who is comfortable presenting a company and product to anyone in any setting
- A deep technical curiosity and understanding of how IT systems work in a business context
- Experience with creating custom demonstrations that expertly mirror a customers needs
- Comfort in speaking about SSO/SAML/AD and other identity authentication protocols
- Experience in running customer POCs (Proof of Concepts)
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and experience showcasing the power of APIs in customer conversations
- An instinctual recognition of organizational and financial dynamics of publicly traded companies
- Someone who can work with marketing, business, and product teams to find efficient paths to successful “lead → customer” conversions and long-term, successful partnerships
- The right balance of advocacy for the user and for Asana in all situations
- Experience responding to technical architecture and cyber-security requirements
- Self starter and independent thinker: this role is dynamic and requires a lot of autonomy
- Proficiency presenting from Decks, Product Demonstrations, and White Boards
- Familiarity with BI tools and deep knowledge of a SaaS ecosystem
- Able to identify solutions to customer obstacles creatively and persuasively
- Exceptional cross-functional leader and collaborative partner
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.