We're looking for a driven and empathetic Program Manager with an entrepreneurial mindset to equip internal Asana employees (Asanas), at the time of hire and throughout their Asana journey, to be masters at using our product. As owner of all Employee Product Enablement, you will empower Asanas to manage their work, communicate, and realize the pyramid of clarity. In this position, you will work closely with cross-functional partners on Product and Revenue teams to stay informed on the product roadmap and leverage ongoing enablement to align with company-wide communications and engagement strategies. As a result of your programs, Asanas will become known for being outstanding at collaboration, execution, and management of complex projects. The long term vision is that your work will drive Asanas to be known as best-in-class in work management across the industry.
As a member of the People Team, you will report into the Head of Onboarding. The People Team at Asana works to enable all Asanas to achieve our goals as a company in a way that is consistent with our values. We recruit, develop and retain exceptional people of diverse backgrounds. Our goal is to ensure that all Asanas are thriving, maximizing their impact and growing. All of this is in service of our mission: Help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Based in our San Francisco office, you will work with our teams across our global offices including Dublin, London, Munich, New York, Reykjavík, Sydney, Tokyo, Singapore, Paris, and Vancouver.
What you’ll achieve
- Serve as the internal expert for all Asanas who want to know more about Asana, the product
- Manage internal Asana product training across the Asana employee lifecycle partnering closely with the Product Team; build out a product certification program and scale it, including a manager and general employee track
- Leverage Engagement Survey data to understand hot spots in the organization where we need more focused product enablement and work with those teams to improve their usage and experience
- Work closely with the Organizational Strategy team to determine how to leverage Asana to realize the pyramid of clarity, and as features come out, drive a coherent narrative with Staff around how we are manifesting it
- Do internal ‘user research’ e.g. twice yearly focus groups with Asanas to understand how our internal product usage is working or falling short; reconcile this with the product team’s roadmap advocate for innovative product solutions
- Define internal best practices for managing work in Asana using our general guidance/training to customers as a baseline but accounting for the nuances of our specific use cases
- Partner with the Employee Communications & Experience team to update documentation on the best practices in internal communications as the product evolves
- Regularly audit the tools that we use across our organization and identify how we can streamline/consolidate/switch tools depending on how Asana’s product evolves
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability in strategic program building from the ground up to scale globally and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build buy-in with cross functional stakeholders and communicate effectively across multiple functions & regions
- Demonstrated experience in developing learning solutions and strategies to fill identified needs, training or educating adult learners, including measurement of mastery, checks for understanding, and change management
- Proven ability to analyze, synthesize, and leverage data to drive decisions and strategy
- Expertise in Asana and several key use cases
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem solving skills
- A strategic thinker with a strong customer-first viewpoint
- Eager, positive and highly reliable
- Comfort with ambiguity
Nice to Haves
- Experience as a Customer Education or Customer Success professional
- Experience working with or supporting international teams
- Experience working with an LMS and or supporting LMS content creation
- Experience with eLearning design, including tools like Articulate360
- Experience as a facilitator
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.