Business System Analyst - Report and Analytics
We are on a mission to help all teams work together effortlessly. With millions of teams using Asana across 190 countries, our work has only just begun. The Business Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering great user experiences through secure, scalable technology, enabling processes, data and analytics that power the business and help Asana achieve its mission. To do this, we collaborate deeply with the best of minds and teams at Asana that run our business and build our product
Asana’s Business Intelligence team is looking for a BI Systems Analyst to join our fast growing team. As a systems analyst for the BI team, you’ll partner closely with Asana business teams, provide technical expertise, be responsible for analytics and reporting design decisions for the team, and work with BI team members to build analytics, reporting, and data models that scale and deliver long-term value.
What you’ll achieve
- You will assess and gain a thorough understanding of current business processes and the analytics that drive decision making for business teams.
- Provide technical and effort analysis of proposed analytics projects and initiatives. Clarify scope, requirements, and timelines for analytics initiative delivery.
- Document and validate requirements, write user stories, review existing business process documentation and update as needed.
- Identify and propose improvements to analytics, reporting, and data models to accelerate business team’s effectiveness, velocity, and impact.
- Conduct and communicate impact analysis for existing and proposed analytics, reports, data models, and dashboards.
- Work closely with stakeholders, project managers, developers and managers to ensure successful solution delivery.
- Write detailed test and user acceptance testing scripts and manage successful UAT sessions.
- Manage fast-changing priorities in a dynamic environment to deliver the most impactful solutions to business stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management information systems, computer science, or related field
- 4+ years experience as a Business Systems Analyst, with at least 2 years supporting Business Intelligence, or Data Science teams.
- Experience with business analysis and business process improvement.
- Experience with supporting projects with teams of people from multiple organizational work-streams with differing needs.
- Clear, concise technical writing skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with developing reporting and dashboard requirements and driving execution by BI analysts and developers
- Exposure to database, data warehouse, and visualization concepts and patterns.
- Experience in various methodologies for planning and executing application development and support.
- Guides the team towards the incremental delivery of Sprint releases
- Proven history of working with developers and cross-functional business stakeholders
- Strong collaboration skills while working with SME's and business users/stakeholders to drive business analysis/user requirements
- Strong experience in negotiating scope and priorities and balancing for successful outcomes
- Self-motivated, creative person with analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.