At Asana, we’re building work management software to help every team in the world become more effective in working together and realizing their goals. Our Customer Success team is committed to helping customers adopt Asana as both a technology product and a holistic approach to work. Our Japanese customer base is growing in terms of company size and complexity, with more and more Enterprise companies looking to adopt Asana. As such, we’re looking for an Enterprise Customer Success Manager to help our strategic customers adopt Asana.
As an Asana Enterprise CSM, you’ll support customers in effectively rolling out Asana, adopting it widely across their organization, and continuously gaining business value from our products and services. By engaging your customers in a consultative manner grounded in success metrics, meaningful relationships, and change management concepts, you’ll position yourself as a long-term trusted partner across the customer’s lifecycle: onboarding, adoption, advocacy, and renewal. Equipped with the knowledge of what it takes for customers to succeed with Asana, you will serve as the voice of your customers cross-functionally, providing feedback to the Product team and broader business. To the entire Asana team, you’ll represent an empathetic, customer-centric perspective. You will join our Tokyo based team and report directly to the Japan Customer Success Lead.
What you’ll achieve
- Maintain ownership of a book of strategic customers, intentionally developing new relationships while also supporting existing teams to ultimately drive adoption and retention of Asana across each company
- Partner with customers to understand their strategic goals, priorities, and desired business outcomes
- Execute on all phases of the customer journey, including delivering large-scale deployments, smaller onboarding engagements, consulting on change management, leading workflow design sessions, and partnering with Sales counterparts on business reviews and renewal touchpoints
- Multiply Asana’s reach in the Japanese market by sharing best practices around Customer Success and Asana with service partners
- Analyze customer usage in internal data systems to identify risks and opportunities; Proactively spearhead data-driven, account-focused initiatives to address these risks and opportunities, ultimately increasing customer engagement and product adoption
- Lead a cross-functional partnership across your named customers and Asana: Partner closely with Sales counterparts to nurture executive relationships and identify adoption and expansion opportunities.
- Co-create customer account plans that include customer’s success metrics, engagement and adoption strategies, timelines, and customer advocacy and expansion plans.
- Work with Marketing to build customer references, craft case-studies, an develop resources to support the decisions of both our prospects and customers
- Liaise with Support and Finance to help quarterback resolutions for customer issues
- Serve as the voice of your customers by surfacing key trends and insights back to our Product, Research, and Business teams
- Travel and meet customers on-site up to 25% of the time (once back to full travel ability)
- At least 5 years demonstrated success in a Customer Success, Consulting, or Account Management role where you worked with large, complex
- Enterprise-level accounts. Engaging in large-scale implementation of SaaS solutions is a plus!
- Experience managing a book of high-value customer relationships. You’re able to drive customer success and align within complex organizational structures, building trust with a broad range of stakeholders, from C-Suite Executives to Department Leads to day-to-day Asana users
- Customer-centric at your core. You’re devoted to ensuring our customers’ success and adoption of Asana and advocate for regional customers’ needs
- Strong cross-functional collaborator with experience partnering with Account Executives to provide a high quality, thoughtful customer experience
- Self-motivated, proactive team player. You bias for action and work effectively in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment. You’re able to zoom into granular details and also zoom out to understand the larger strategy and philosophy of how and why decisions are made
- Driven, process-oriented person. You’re able to effectively balance competing priorities and make decisions that best support the customer, the team, and Asana. You’re able to efficiently switch contexts from responding to customer emails to leading a product training to meeting with the Product team about an upcoming feature
- Strong understanding of the Japanese market
- Fluency in Japanese and English
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.