At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. We work closely with designers and PMs to build and continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection. We have deep empathy for both our coworkers and our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work better together.
Asana is looking for a kind and effective engineering leader to oversee our Development Lifecycle teams. This is a senior leadership position in our Infrastructure organization with a mission to enable engineering and product teams to build and ship high quality product fast and sustainably. As part of this mission, your teams will focus on driving innovation in the code, tooling and services that enable product engineers at Asana to build fast and sustainably. By doing so, you’re enabling our engineers to focus on their core work and not foundational infrastructure powering it. This area intersects deeply with all of our engineering teams and the decisions made in this area are felt across all of our engineering organization.
What you’ll achieve
- You'll lead 3 engineering teams across San Francisco and New York who are responsible for helping Asana ship high-quality product quickly by building and improving the tools and services that allow engineers to develop, test, deploy, and monitor code.
- Collaborate with product management to build and execute across the development lifecycle strategy.
- Foster a culture of excellence across the Development Lifecycle teams, ensuring both quality and velocity
- Coach and mentor leaders within engineering and cross-functionally to grow with Asana.
- Serve as a role model for the engineering organization in representing Asana’s values.
- Articulate and pursue a long-term vision for the Development Lifecycle area, proactively anticipating possible future opportunities and problems.
- You have successfully managed senior managers and tech leads with a wide range of experiences. You can effectively shape your coaching and mentoring style to guide the leaders in both personal and career growth.
- You are comfortable making decisions with nuanced, complicated data, but also with user research and product intuition.
- You're an expert on engineering team excellence, and can carefully balance velocity, technical debt, growth, and stakeholders. You take full ownership for execution, engagement, and talent retention in your organization.
- You are an excellent partner to functions ranging across the company, from product to design to infrastructure. You communicate well to people of different backgrounds, can manage expectations, and influence other teams' behaviors.
- Experience nurturing a work environment that allows everyone to bring their whole selves to work, and values diversity and inclusion, because that is where we know teams perform at their best.
- You’ve coached leaders, empowering them and setting them up for increasing impact
- Highly empathetic, collaborative, no-ego approach to leadership.
- Experience building SaaS products is desirable.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.