Asana is looking for an experienced Learning & Development Lead with deep expertise in creating and executing end-to-end scalable programs for the training and development of managers and employees at all levels of an organization. This role ranges in responsibility from strategic planning to tactical execution including: analyzing organizational needs, creating alignment with business strategy, day-to-day operations and execution, budget and vendor management, and stakeholder management. If you are passionate about shaping the way a growing company enables its employees for success, then this job is for you. This role will report directly to the Head of Talent Management and be based in San Francisco.
The People Team at Asana works to enable all Asanas to achieve our goals as a company in a way that is consistent with our values. The Talent Management team at Asana focuses on creating experiences in service of enabling our Asanas to be their best selves, managers, leaders, and teams. Our goal is to ensure that all Asanas are thriving, maximizing their impact and growing. All of this is in service of our mission: Help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Drive the strategy and roadmap aligning learning and enablement to business priorities and needs across audience groups (managers, employees, leaders)
- Provide expertise on best practices for modes of learning ranging from self-service to off-the shelf to customized and balances POV with pragmatic recommendations based on Asana culture
- Provide expertise on employee/management lifecycle expectations such as benchmarks for time spent on enablement, percentage of time spent on various competencies during each phase of management, etc...
Program Management and Operations:
- Drive L&D programs end to end including:
- Analyzing learning needs and Integrate competency models into foundation of all L&D efforts
- Planning, project management, and execution of projects ensuring on time and within scope delivery across cross functional stakeholders
- Create and drive L&D operating rhythms and standards within Talent Management team and partner with collaborators on People and Enablement teams as an advisor on L&D best practices
- Collaborate with Talent Management program/process Leads to create a seamless end to end learning experience across various programming (D&I, Enablement Partners, TA, etc…)
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels in a variety of formats
- Identify, select, onboard, and manage vendor partners to execute on strategy
- Identify roadmap of systems/tools needed to support L&D efforts for today and the future. Advise on system implementation to ensure L&D programmatic needs are met
- Establish and measure L&D program effectiveness based on knowledge retention and behavior change
Execution & Facilitation:
- Facilitates virtual, blended and live learning experiences specifically Manager Townhalls, Onboarding Sessions, and additional Asana specific culture core experiences
- 8+ years of hands on experience building scalable learning & development in a high growth company from the start up to scale up phase
- You have expertise building programs and trainings focused on manager and leadership development and scaling such programs
- You are a self-starter and leader comfortable with content creation and operational process building across the L&D domain
- You are biased towards action and getting things done and prioritize progress over perfection: solving problems for our existing reality (vs. optimizing for the ideal)
- You are organized, end-to-end process oriented, and efficient while being adaptable to changing priorities and comfortable wearing multiple hats
- Deep expertise in learning & development space including familiarity with traditional and progressive thought leadership and methodology in this space and the ability to provide strategic and proactive guidance that helps Asana succeed
- You have experience consulting with business leaders and stakeholders, with a proven track record of establishing relationships and the experience being a strategic partner
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.