At Asana, we’re building collaboration software to help every team in the world become more effective in working together and realizing their goals. Our Customer Success team is committed to helping customers adopt Asana as both a technology product and a holistic approach to teamwork. We strive to help all of our customers, across countries, industries, and functions, get off on the right foot and continue to get the most value out of Asana over time.
We're looking for a Strategic Customer Success Manager, based out of SF, to help support and grow a small portfolio of our largest, most strategic customers. As an Asana Strategic CSM, you’ll partner closely with a Strategic AE to guide the customer to deploy Asana successfully, adopt it widely across their organization, ensure they continuously gain business value from our products and services, and help expand new use cases and teams. By engaging your customers using a consultative approach, you’ll position yourself as a preferred long-term strategic partner and serve as the trusted point of contact across their lifecycle: on-boarding, adoption, advocacy and renewal.
Equipped with the knowledge of what it takes for customers to succeed with Asana, you will serve as the voice of your customers cross-functionally, providing feedback to the Product team and broader business. To the entire Asana team, you’ll exemplify an empathetic, customer-centric perspective and be looked upon as a consultant for our most strategic customers.
What You’ll Achieve
- Maintain ownership of a small, focused portfolio of strategic customers, weaving a web to develop new relationships and opportunities while also supporting existing teams to drive adoption and holistic account health.
- Act as a strategic consultant to some of the world’s most renowned companies, developing a deep understanding of their motivations, business drivers, and strategic goals.
- Develop a strong point of view of how Asana can deliver the most important business outcomes across your customers’ tech stack.
- Co-create joint account plans with a Strategic AE that include success metrics, engagement and adoption strategy, timelines, communication, and customer advocacy and expansion plans.
- Partner with a Strategic AE and Head of Customer Advocacy to build and secure long-term executive relationships.
- Develop and maintain an internal Champion Network across customer’s organization, facilitating workshops on best known practices catalyzing organic growth.
- Analyze customer usage in internal data systems to identify, communicate, and act upon both risks and opportunities; proactively drive data-driven, account-focused campaigns to increase customer engagement and product adoption.
- Minimum 6 years demonstrated success in a Customer Success, Account Management, and/or Consulting at least 3 of which were working with large, complex strategic-level accounts.
- Work management vertical experience preferred.
- Previous account team management experience preferred.
- Experience with large (10,000+ employee) customers and navigating parent / child customer accounts.
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated success building high-value relationships with SVP and C-level leadership.
- Proven account planning methodology that has led to large-scale growth in accounts with large, ambiguous whitespace opportunities.
- Experience in a strategic solution sales environment and ability to partner with account executives in development and closure of sales opportunities.
- Relationship-driven with a deft touch in managing internal and external stakeholders.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.