At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. We work closely with designers and PMs to build and continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection. We have deep empathy for both our coworkers and our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work better together.
Asana is looking for an experienced engineering leader to join us as an engineering Pillar Lead to oversee engineering planning, staffing, and execution of broad strategies across our Workflow organization. The Workflow Pillar’s mission is to make the right connection between our customers, their tools, and their processes, and you will partner closely with other Engineering, Product and Design leaders to deliver on it. In setting a vision for the organization, you will develop a culture of excellence, grow leaders, and inspire innovation.
What you'll achieve
- On Day 1, you'll be responsible for all areas and teams across Workflow including Platform and Integrations, Automation, and Communications
- Manage and develop managers of managers, managers and principal architects
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop and execute the Workflow Pillar's strategy
- Foster a culture of excellence across Workflow teams, ensuring both quality and velocity
- Coach and mentor leaders within engineering and cross-functionally to grow with Asana.
- Serve as a role model for the engineering organization in representing Asana’s values.
- Always Be Recruiting - work closely with engineering leadership and Talent Acquisition to attract the best engineers and leaders in the world, grow our diverse team, and help it thrive by allowing everyone to bring their unique strengths to bear on the problems we solve.
- Articulate and pursue a long-term vision for the Workflow Pillar, proactively anticipating possible future opportunities and problems.
- Successful track record of leading several distinct teams across a breadth of disciplines and engineering concerns
- You're an expert on engineering team excellence, and can carefully balance velocity, technical debt, growth, and stakeholders. You take full ownership for execution, engagement, and talent retention in your organization
- Ability to develop senior technical leaders, who are responsible for guiding and developing large teams of engineers, managers, managers of managers and other leaders
- You’ve coached leaders, empowering them and setting them up for increasing impact
- Role model of cross-functional collaboration with Product, Design, Business and Marketing and customer orientation, and of leveraging those skills to achieve great results in the presence of ambiguity
- Experience nurturing a work environment that allows everyone to bring their whole selves to work, and values diversity and inclusion, because that is where we know teams perform at their best
- Highly empathetic, collaborative, no-ego approach to leadership
- Experience building SaaS products is desirable
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.