At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. Our web engineering team works closely with brand designers and our business teams to make Asana’s public web presence best in class to get people to start and succeed at using Asana. We love building robust, beautiful, global, and compelling experiences for our visitors. We’re focused on supporting our growing self-serve business needs by delivering scalable systems end-to-end for Asana public properties.
As a manager on the web engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you and collaborating with our business stakeholders. You are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as web engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building scalable solutions to support our Asana’s growing business needs. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 5-8 engineers on the web engineering team
- Contribute to driving our growth by delivering high performing, SEO, and localized content to help our Asana.com visitors around the globe discover and use Asana
- Partner with our business teams across Marketing, Sales, and Brand to support marketing launches, growth experimentation, and increase our self-serve top-of-funnel
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Master the arts of delegation and scaling yourself aided by our strong team and things like Asana’s Areas of responsibility (“AOR”) system
- Work closely with recruiting to grow the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience with websites and/or applications in React and Next.js, or similar technologies and frameworks.
- 2+ years experience managing an engineering team. CMS experience is a plus.
- Experience working cross-functionally with business partners and brand design in an agile environment
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
We value diversity. We provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know and feel that they’re equally respected and valued regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, political views, or any other aspect which makes someone unique. We’d love to see what you’d add to our team.
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries organize and manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group and Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, and Reykjavík, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.