We're looking for an engineer to help us build a seamless cross-platform Asana experience for people who rely on our app to get work done. Working closely with our award-winning Design team and supported by world-class Product Managers, you will delight users with both large new features and daily small product enhancements. You'll also contribute to the technical direction of the app's internals and the team's workflows.
Our mission is to enable teams to work together effortlessly—even when they are away from their desktops. The Mobile team works to provide just that: a seamless experience our users who are on the go. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in by combining tried and true mobile best practices with many of the innovative opportunities that our in-house framework, Luna, provides.
Software Engineers at Asana are quickly trusted to own major parts of both the codebase and our processes through the [Areas of Responsibility](https://blog.asana.com/2017/12/distributed-responsibility-engineering-manager/?utm_source=eng-job-listing) system. We expect you to thrive as a leader in defining and solving problems, with mutual support from your peers.
What you’ll achieve
- Participate in the full product development process with the team to build new features in Swift for the Asana iOS app.
- Develop clean, beautiful, performant code.
- Make hands-on engineering contributions to Asana’s core product with a focus on overcoming technical challenges and creating best practices to improve quality and velocity.
- Own technical design and project execution, delegating work to other engineers on the team when appropriate.
- Mentor engineers on the team through pairing, code reviews and sharing best practices to promote technical excellence.
- Own and contribute to AoRs (Areas Of Responsibility)(https://wavelength.asana.com/workstyle-aors/) as appropriate.
- Passion for creating amazing user experiences.
- Experience building a complex software product in a team environment.
- Strong communicator and collaborator.
- Good judgment for balancing scrappiness and long-term code maintainability.
- Good knowledge of Swift and Xcode.
- Familiarity with iOS SDK and Frameworks.
- 4+ years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining high-quality iOS applications.
- Experience working in large, high-quality codebases.
- Like to leave code better than you found it.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.