Asana has grown to millions of users across 190 countries worldwide. Our rapid growth is due, in part, thanks to the word-of-mouth of our community of customer advocates. Asana’s community team brings customers and Asana together to deepen connection (between them and Asana, and to each other), engagement (education, empowerment, and enjoyment), and advocacy (word-of-mouth awareness-building and referrals) to enhance and reflect customer love and build our business.
As Community Manager: APAC, you’ll be responsible for growing the Asana Together community program regionally by creating and executing region-specific recruiting, activation, engagement and retention programs for members, and for hosting events to energize local customer communities. You’ll have the opportunity to work with our internal community, marketing, and sales teams, our regional customers, large-brand partners and their communities, and experiment with new channels, methods and incentives for expanding and activating the Asana community.
What you'll achieve:
- Source, research, and recruit regional participants into the Asana Community Program, including (but not limited to) online recruiting, partner relationships, direct customer contact, and coordinating online and offline events.
- Research, recommend, and help implement new channels, opportunities, and best practices for regional program recruitment and activation.
- Produce region-specific resources, marketing campaigns, content and events for ongoing recruitment, activation, engagement and retention of community audiences.
- Manage daily regional community operations, including working with regional community members.
- Drive awareness of the Asana Community Program through online and offline events.
- Support Asana Community Program members in hosting their own events, including content, venue, and promotion guidance.
- Manage coordination of Asana-hosted event conceptualization, program and speakers, venue/platform, sponsors, vendors, and promotion for online and offline events.
- Monitor and report on success metrics, including program efficacy, ROI and business impact.
- Gather feedback and insights from program members to inform marketing and product strategies and partnership opportunities.
- Above all, you love people (and especially customers). You love what they say. You love to be inspired by their stories. You can’t wait to engage with them every day.
- Understand motivations for people to become part of the Asana Community Program, and build our programs to best meet their needs, engage them, and help them perform within it.
- Be able to understand and establish value for community programs and track and report on success from them.
- Creative and analytical, you inspire others to work collaboratively towards shared and tracked objectives, across functions and geographies.
- Well-spoken, professional, and comfortable in front of any audience as you’ll be representing the Asana brand.
- You are curious and listen well, absorbing different views and capturing diverse requirements before actively setting a course and charging forward.
- Able to manage deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic and increasingly global environment.
- Strong project management skills, accustomed to working to a budget and within strict timelines.
- Event planning and management experience including planning and executing events at a variety of scales, including offline and online, such as workshops and trainings, meetup groups, trade shows, roadshows, executive programs and large-scale conferences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as you’ll likely be creating content (both on your own and in conjunction with other teams).
- Problem solver with a global mindset.
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and ready to jump on new projects and opportunities (even if loosely defined out of the initially defined job scope).
- BA or BS degree required, or equivalent of minimum of 3 years in partner marketing, community marketing or B2B marketing (SaaS).
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with strong preference for candidates who can also communicate in verbal and written Mandarin and/or Korean.
- Ability to travel regionally and globally periodically.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.