We’re looking for a sales leader with experience building highly profitable, scalable, and leveraged teams to ensure the optimal balance of company growth and customer experience in a segment where we’ve already proven strong product-market fit.
Asana’s unique business model and disciplined sales approach enables us to build a user-driven marketing and sales engine that can scale quickly and effectively. We have experience at the forefront of bottom-up enterprise software sales, helping customers scale from initial adoption to large, high-impact deployments.
As the Commercial Sales Manager, you will build the playbook for the Commercial team to take Asana’s customers from initial deployment to wall to wall deployments through upsells + cross sells. You’ll own the strategy to find ways to drive business growth and prove scalability of our Commercial sales program. You’ll manifest our values and contribute to building a sales culture that is integrated with the entire company.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Manage, hire, and develop Asana’s Commercial Sales team in San Francisco
- Lead strategic planning for your team, including: territory planning, deal strategy development, and enablement
- Participate directly in complex sales situations and negotiations
- Set and achieve ambitious targets quarter after quarter
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Success, Sales Enablement, and Product teams
- Establish and implement best practices for maximizing pipeline creation, forecasting accuracy, and Salesforce hygiene
- Sit as part of the Asana Sales Leadership team
- 1+ year of sales leadership experience in SaaS preferred
- 3-4+ years in a quota carrying role
- Experience building an outbound sales process
- A knowledge and passion for high volume, bottoms up sales, complemented with top down selling
- A passion for coaching and developing world class talent
- A strong bias towards action; you believe strong execution is the key to success
- An aptitude for problem solving and developing creative solutions
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- Enjoy working with peers on the Marketing, Enablement, Customer Success, and Product teams
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.