We are looking for an experienced Design Operations Program Manager who will evolve the Asana Design organization’s community, collaboration, and infrastructure of our work. As part of a product-driven and design-led company, Asana’s Design team is a collaborative group from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. Asana is helping teams in 190 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform.
The Design Program Manager is responsible for driving Design team culture and evolving key programs that enable the team to scale with strength and build exemplary product experiences in a creative, focused environment. You will own Design programs including onboarding, learning and development, internships, mentorships, community and more. In this role, you will drive and work with other team members to identify, prioritize, and evangelize strategic opportunities to improve execution of our Design team’s programs. This role reports into our Head of Design Operations, and works in partnership with our Design Leadership, Designers, User Experience Research Operations, and People Operations teams.
What you’ll achieve
- Be actively involved in defining and owning strategy, scoping and execution for the following important Design Team programs:
- People Programs (including Design Onboarding, Design Learning and Development, and Design Internship Program)
- Design Community (including Design Social Channels and Design Recruiting Events)
- Design Infrastructure (including toolkits, resource libraries and contractor/agency pipeline)
- Facilitate and lead the above end-to-end programming and operating rhythm within a hyper-growth organization
- Communicate and align with stakeholders to keep them informed on the team’s progress and goals
- Within your owned program areas, serve as the go-to liaison for program participants, stakeholders, and cross-functional partners
- Identify and predict potential obstacles and risks to key programs; seek to implement solutions and problem solve effectively
- Establish team rituals that ensure long term health and team cohesion
- Foster growth of our talented design community (read stories about us on the Asana Design team site!)
- Collaborate with Design Leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Ensure progress towards goals is clearly and consistently communicated by teams
- Help develop and evangelize the Design Operations function within Asana as well as externally
- Experience career growth and personal development within a world-class Design and Product team
- 5+ years relevant professional experience, including: design operations, design people operations, project/program management of design deliverables
- Experience leading and supporting high-performing, collaborative design teams
- Deep understanding of fundamentals of the product design development processes; knowledge of product designers’ day to day and product design life cycle
- Demonstrated experience owning and leading multiple initiatives at the same time
- Excellent systems thinker
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Affinity for Design and building Design Communities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree or higher
- You love just the *right* amount of process
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your company as a whole
- Ability to present and sell your ideas, create coalition, and build support
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.