We are looking for an experienced product manager within our Scale area, the set of teams responsible for the Asana Enterprise product. You're a product manager who is experienced with enterprise software. You are empathetic with the legal, security, compliance, administration, and billing needs that come naturally with enterprise grade software. You reject the false tradeoff that enterprise software has to be complex, hard to use and are excited about being at the forefront of the new wave of consumer-like experiences in the enterprise. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with engineering, design, user research, sales engineering, product marketing, product leadership, and the rest of our amazing PM team.
What you’ll achieve
The Product Management team works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana's vision. We are responsible for our product from strategy to execution, and we contribute to a great product alongside our designers, engineers, founders, user operations team, sales team, marketing team, and other PMs. We drive more than just the work: from process improvements to influencing our product roadmap, we take part in every step of development—and continue tracking our work even after launch.
- 4+ years professional experience managing software products from inception through launch and iteration
- Empathetic and analytic: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
- Strategic: inspires the company by creating bold, game-changing ideas and delivering them across a set of customer problems
- Executional ownership: creates, flexes, and evangelizes a roadmap. Thoughtfully breaks down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- Velocity accelerant: problem-solves across the organization. Anticipates problems and solves them before they impact teams.
- Team builder: mentors others. Creates great team morale. Shares best practices.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.