We’re looking for an ambitious team player who is ready and willing to roll up their sleeves and help grow our tax operations! This role will obtain some high exposure with cross functional teams and help establish our tax footprint within a newly publicly traded company. This is an individual contributor role and reports to the Tax Lead.
Our finance and accounting team tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and that work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Assist in review of Company's quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations, related financial statement disclosures, consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business-related filings, prepared by outside advisors
- Ensure tax compliance in foreign jurisdictions, analyze international tax planning, oversee transfer pricing calculations
- Oversee, prepare, or serve as point of contact for and manage external tax advisors on all global indirect tax compliance, including US sales & use, gross receipts, property tax, and business licenses to ensure timely accurate reporting and remittance.
- Assist with advising cross functional stakeholders with various tax issues on sales tax, withholding tax, and VAT
- As part of the accounting close process, maintain and reconcile tax related accounts in accounting system
- Handle all aspects of tax audits, disputes and dispute resolution
- Facilitate R&D analysis conducted in various domestic and foreign jurisdictions
- Build a deep understanding of the business, including regular interactions with key partners (Legal, HR, etc.), to assist with researching potential tax implications and engaging as necessary with third party service providers
- Other ad hoc projects as directed by management
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting or Taxation, CPA required, MS in Taxation is a plus
- 5+ years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm and/or corporate tax department of a mid/late stage privately held or publicly traded company
- Strong understanding of ASC 740 and relevant financial reporting requirements
- A strong user, and quick learner of, technology and systems including but not limited to NetSuite, Avalara, OneSource, MS office with excellent Excel abilities, and Google suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently with minimal daily management in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to "roll up your sleeves"
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.