At Asana, we build collaboration software to help every team in the world to be more effective and work effortlessly to do great things together. We believe in “Fast Growth, Mindful Business” and invest in our culture because we believe it drives our business success—which is growing at unprecedented rates.
We’re looking for an early in career people partner (Human Resources Business Partner) to partner with our EMEA teams. You will work closely with the EMEA People Partner and provide practical, and thoughtful people support to our EMEA teams and leaders in order to execute on people strategies that accelerate business objectives and enable us to scale for hyper growth.
What you’ll achieve
- Collaborate with in region front line leadership on all things people - employee onboarding, change management, performance management (e.g probation process) and employee engagement.
- Partner with front line managers across EMEA to proactively execute on change initiatives to support the broader talent strategy.
- Coach and advise the front line managers in EMEA to support them in their personal growth and professional success.
- Support and coach all employees across EMEA on their people queries e.g career growth, policies, enablement etc
- Working with three other people partners that are dedicated to the business team, providing support to the group’s managers and employees worldwide.
- Collaborate with other parts of the People Operations team to lead the execution of people programs across EMEA including onboarding, learning and development training, feedback cycles and engagement surveys.
- 2 - 4 years of People Partnership (Human Resources) experience.
- Previous experience partnering with French region with particular focus on employee and labour relations required. Experience with German employee and labour relations preferred but not essential.
- Fluent in English and French
- Some experience working with global teams is a plus.
- Experience with performance management, employee and labour relations namely in French region. Experience in German regions is a plus.
- Experience with front line leadership coaching, onboarding, learning and development programs and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Data-driven, decision maker & pragmatic problem solver who can find root causes of issues and gain leadership support to address them
- Proven ability to manage priorities among multiple stakeholders and multitask or re-prioritize as needed in a high-velocity environment.
- Collaborate effectively across a broad set of stakeholders.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.