We are looking for a Head of Technical Program Management to join the Business Technology team to help develop key processes and drive programs from incubation to launch. The Business Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering scalable efficient processes, infrastructure, technology and insights that help Asana achieve its mission. In addition, we partner with across the company to drive transformations that result in growing our business, organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
This individual must possess the ability to juggle multiple projects in various life-cycles with high business acumen. We’re looking for someone who has experience working with both rapidly scaling high-growth startups, as well as established larger companies, so you can bring the best of these worlds and connect it to what and how we do things at Asana. This role will report directly to our Head of Business Technology.
What you’ll achieve
- Gain a deep understanding of how Asana collaborates on cross-functional initiatives and improve the operating model for the organization.
- You will attract, develop and inspire a team of program and project managers that business teams feel they can’t live without.
- Co-create the processes necessary to ideate, define, intake, prioritize, execute, launch initiatives.
- You connect goals, objectives and teams together and work in close partnerships to create a technical program management strategy and process improvement roadmap
- Be the catalyst for teams to continuously reflect and improve on how to work better together
- Help foster a culture focused on speed, agility, introduce good process but ensure that it does not become a hindrance to progress
- Work with business sponsors to develop project roadmaps that align with business objectives/priorities and take into account resource availability
- Help teams develop execution strategies to deliver the technology roadmap
- Overall responsibility for planning, executing, tracking and managing cost, schedule, and scope for all projects in the portfolio
- Use strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and escalate impediments through a defined process for faster decision making
- Drive improvements in software development practices/processes within teams and across the organization
- Drive the adoption of key engineering practices like Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, etc. to improve quality and reliability of the team's deliverables.
- Coaching and mentoring team, technology and business leaders on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices
- 5+ years in a program management leadership role as a Director or Senior Manager
- 10-15 years of project delivery and execution experience in Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Finance and People Ops domains
- Keen understanding and curiosity of SaaS business models and its product development lifecycle (infrastructure, software, or data services).
- A customer-centric mindset and always asking how our work is improving the lives of our customers (internal or external)
- Proven experience communicating and building relationships with leaders across business, technology and product functions.
- Ability to work well as a member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members across the company.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Thorough understanding of the project lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment without being dogmatic. Knowledge of agile-aligned methodologies (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, Lean-Agile, etc.)
- Experience working with teams who use the following models: DevOps, service ownership, and continuous integration/ continuous delivery.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation. Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike across the company.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.