Asana is building a world-class Accounting and Finance team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will be involved in all general areas of accounting and assisting in multiple ad hoc projects - audit, month-end close, monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders, intensuring accuracy with multiple finance system integrations, as well as other fun accounting challenges!
The ideal candidate is super detail-oriented, curious, and analytical. You should have exceptional communication skills and not be afraid to speak up. We’re looking for process improvers that can easily pick up the high level business goals and apply them to the accounting operations. There is a wealth of knowledge to be learned and we’re looking for a team player that is excited to jump right in!
You will be joining a world class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and that work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve:
- Month-end financial reporting tasks related to equity, stock-based compensation and other current liabilities, including: RSU/ESPP liabilities, payroll accruals and sales tax payable
- Preparing journal entries, ensuring proper general ledger coding in support of monthly closings and preparing month-end general ledger reconciliations
- Month-end variance analyses and presentation to stakeholders
- Preparation of tie-out support for Quarterly Reports on Form 10Q and Annual Reports on Form 10K filed with the SEC.
- Work cross functionally with the stock plan administrator to reconcile the stock admin platform to the general ledger.
- Prepare all footnotes as well as work papers and analysis supporting the financial statements, including: EPS calculations, equity roll-forward and stockholder’s equity (deficit) footnote.
- Draft technical accounting memos as needed
- Preparation of support to be provided to the external audit team
- Drive continuous improvement around processes & systems and assist in automating procedures
- Drive the adoption of a new processes across multiple counterparts in the organization
- Ensure processes are SOX compliant
- 5+ years of accounting experience including at least 2+ years in public accounting and 1+ year(s) in a role focused on equity accounting
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience executing to deliver highly effective, operationally excellent, scalable programs and processes
- Detail oriented: able to work with large volumes of data with speed and accuracy. Ability to self-check work.
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of key accounting concepts, GAAP, SOX controls
- Time management to ensure timely completion of given tasks with accuracy
- Customer service oriented, especially for internal teams
- Proficiency in ERP Systems (NetSuite preferred) and intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with EquityEdge a plus
- Enthusiastic, upbeat, and positive with the ability to stay calm in the face of uncertainty and hyper growth.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.