Financial Analyst, FP&A
We’re looking for a curious, detail-oriented, and collaborative FP&A professional, who has experience scaling FP&A practices at fast-growing companies. You will be integrally involved in evolving the financial foundations of our organization. You will work cross-functionally with product and business teams to drive increased revenue optimizations, build-out best-in-class forecasting and budgeting practices, and provide business insights and decision making support to business partners and Asana management. The ideal candidate will exhibit superior analytical abilities, critical thinking, a relentless and intellectual curiosity, as well as exceptional communication skills.
Our finance team tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and we partner closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve Asana’s ambitious mission: enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Support strategic short and long-term business decisions through financial modeling and analysis for business and product teams
- Evolve and implement processes and tools necessary to help scale our FP&A practices; support company-wide planning and forecasting processes in a manner that is both efficient and effective
- Own and develop financial forecasts that accurately predict business performance; highlight key variances, opportunities, and issues to senior management
- Establish and maintain relationships with a broad base of key stakeholders (including executives, team leads, and program leads), and serve as a key point of contact for all things finance
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends and benchmarks; ideate, implement and iterate investment return (contribution) analysis across partner teams with a scalable approach
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as required
- 3+ years of applicable experience in FP&A or corporate finance
- Strong understanding of corporate finance concepts and accounting principles
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and work cross-functionally with strong planning, process management, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent business judgment and intellectual curiosity; proven ability to turn data into actionable insights and recommendations
- Track record of presenting complex financial analyses clearly and concisely to senior management
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel/Google Sheets
- Prior experience with ERP software like Planful (FKA Host Analytics), Adaptive Insights, or Anaplan
- Calmness in the face of uncertainty; comfortable working in a dynamic and hyper-growth environment
- A degree in finance, accounting, engineering, mathematics, economics or related quantitative field a plus
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.