Our legal team works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana’s mission of enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. The Legal team is a collaborative group responsible for partnering with all teams throughout the organization to provide clear and actionable guidance enabling Asanas to achieve their goals in service to our mission; to help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. We run ideas past each other, problem-solve together, and partner with other groups to navigate through challenging issues. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues.
Specifically, we’re looking for a stock administrator who will assist in scaling Asana’s stock administration function as Asana grows globally. Based out of San Francisco, this role will be responsible for hands-on, end-to-end administration of Asana’s equity plans on E*Trade (including options, RSUs, and a global ESPP). The ideal candidate will have at least three years of hands-on public company stock administration experience and will be exceptionally organized, responsible, detail-oriented, and resourceful. Additionally, this candidate will be able to juggle multiple tasks and still maintain a sense of humor. Our team is fun, fast paced and we aim to find the silver linings and joy in the work we do. This role reports to Asana’s Stock Manager.
What you’ll achieve
- Utilize your stock administration expertise to administer Asana’s equity programs for all Asanas in the U.S. and globally
- Work closely with the company’s transfer agent, outside broker service providers, and internal Legal, Finance, Payroll, People, and other teams, as necessary
- Provide a superior level of customer service to employees, management and others
- Support employee understanding of equity awards and Asana’s equity programs and policies
- Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function, including but not limited to enhancing existing manual processes, automating processes and helping to evaluate service providers
- Collaborate to update work streams and manual processes into more automated procedures.
- Maintain company’s equity data using E*TRADE’s Equity Edge Online (EEO) platform
- Prepare custom reports and perform complex reconciliations to review accuracy of equity and transaction data
- Maintain supporting workbooks for internal/external SOX auditors and respond accurately, thoroughly and timely to auditor requests for data
- Assist with accurate and timely preparation of Section 16 Forms 3, 4, and 5
- Assist with review of newly proposed 10b5-1 trading plans
- Assist with processing information for mobile employee transactions
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects and reporting as requested
- 3+ years of experience in administration of global equity programs
- Minimum CEP Level I required
- Demonstrated expertise with global equity programs, multiple equity award types, and transaction volume
- Demonstrated experience working directly with E*TRADE, Equity Edge Online
- Demonstrated analytical abilities
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize
- Customer service/employee first oriented style with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and internal/external partners
- A compliance and process-oriented individual who is also flexible and can excel in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment
- A team player with a strong work ethic and ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality in a very open and transparent environment
- Energy, enthusiasm, flexibility and follow-up skills necessary to drive results
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.