Revenue Operations at Asana supports the global Sales and Customer Success organizations with operational support and liaisons to other teams in the Revenue organization and beyond to help maximize the impact Asana can have on the world. The Revenue Technology and Operations Team is composed of two pillars: the Technology Team, which is responsible for systems and business processes improvement, and the Operations Team, which enables the field to execute their roles by removing operational roadblocks and providing impactful operational support allowing Sales and customer Success reps and managers to focus on their core competency; selling and adoption of Asana’s product and services,
We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead the Operations Team. This is a player-coach role with a passion for operational excellence in planning and effective execution of cross-functional operational initiatives. This manager will build a global Lead-to-Cash operational process and organization and drive systems improvements to improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Sales and Customer Success teams around the world
What you’ll achieve:
- Be the voice of the field and liaison in unblocking activities from our Revenue Technology, Sales and Planning, Strategy and Enablement teams
- A player-coach role building and managing a team of Revenue Operations and Business Analysts in the USA, EMEA, and APAC executing critical operational workflows and responding to sales and customer success inquiries.
- Oversee key Revenue Operations program areas, including user queries through our Rev Ops inbox, data hygiene and enrichment, commission calculations, end-of-month closing support, pipeline creation, enablement, reporting, and analysis, and master data maintenance (e.g. lead routing policies, etc)
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau and Looker, planning tools like Xactly and Anaplan, digital adoption platforms like WalkME, outbound tools like Outreach, Xactly, lead routing tools loke Traction Complete, Marketo, and Salesforce CRM / CPQ
- Lead projects ranging from operational policy improvements, process optimization, technology development, and reporting systems integrations strengthening and expanding the field operations
- Serve as Revenue Operations point of contact to operational counterparts in Finance, UO, Marketing, and Business Technology.
- Contribute to, steward, and drive execution of initiatives on the Revenue Operations roadmap in support of optimizing Sales and Customer Success business operations for efficiency, productivity, and scale.
- Consult on operational best-practices, strategies, & success definition
- Understand connections between stakeholder strategy, initiatives, and needs, and prioritize globally to maximize the value that Revenue Operations adds to Asana.
- Drive trade-off conversations among stakeholders while maintaining north-star alignment of “what is best for Asana.”
- 4+ years of experience managing resources, tasks, and workflows in operational management or a similar role
- 2+ years as a people manager
- 4+ years of experience with Lead-to-Cash processes
- Critical thinker, you don’t take directives at face value, you consider the task at hand, offering constructive feedback to improve processes
- Independent, motivated, and excited to roll-up your sleeves
- Experience with data analysis, segmentation, and reporting, you can give examples of how you’ve used data to make decisions
- Proven history of driving multiple complex projects at the same time to on-time completion in a fast-moving environment
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Discernment and empathy for internal stakeholders’ pain points and needs, and an ability to translate those needs into concrete requirements
- Ability to communicate informed opinions and drive discussions on strategy, priority, and tradeoffs while representing the needs of the Sales and Customer Success organization.
- You can build strong relationships with our partners around the globe, you’re excited to celebrate cultural differences & diversity
- Ability to move fast, adapt, and thrive in a dynamic startup environment where you derive priorities, requirements, and goals from company context
- Strong interpersonal skills: experience collaborating successfully with diverse cross-functional teams, driving the right work while not being afraid to say “no”
- Ability to think beyond today’s challenges and drive cross-functional teams toward a coherent long-term vision
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in the global enterprise/B2B SaaS industry
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Salesforce
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.