We are looking for a senior leader to join Business Technology to lead the Finance Business Systems team that enable our core business processes and systems that are supporting our Finance and Accounting teams at Asana
The Business Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering great user experiences through secure, scalable technology, and enable processes, data and analytics that power the business and help Asana achieve its mission. To do this, we collaborate deeply with the best of minds and teams at Asana that run our business and build our product. As a manager for Finance Business Systems, you’ll provide technical leadership, guide architectural and design decisions for the team on complex cross-functional programs to build solutions and features that scale and deliver long-term value for our business. You will be in a key leadership position on the team and will report directly to our Head of Business Technology.
What you’ll achieve
- You will assess and gain a thorough understanding of Asana’s business model, financial processes, tools and technologies to drive improvements that enable automation, velocity and operational simplicity
- Build and grow the finance systems team by identifying roles, structure, team processes and frameworks that are necessary to help the team achieve its mission
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce.
- Help foster a culture focused on speed, agility, introduce good process but ensure that it does not become a hindrance to progress
- You will work closely with Finance, Accounting and cross functional business partners to understand business impacting initiatives, establish priorities, align resources and schedules to ensure predictable, high-quality outcomes.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders in Finance (Billing and Collections, Revenue, Accounting, Tax and FP&A) and BizTech team to proactively develop a financial systems strategy, a roadmap that connects to company objectives and that creates quick incremental value as well as one that is multi-year implementing standards and best practices for supporting financial systems and scaling them as the company grows
- Establish a solid execution structure to implement projects, enhancements that create quick wins and provide exceptional support to productionized systems
- Coaching and mentoring team and business partners on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices
- Use strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and escalate impediments through a defined process for faster decision making
- Work closely with audit, compliance and security teams to ensure the financial systems are compliant with SOX regulations, ITGC and cybersecurity best practices
- You are an experienced technology leader with deep finance domain knowledge and have leveraged this to build, enhance and maintain financial systems
- You have at-least 10 + years supporting finance & accounting teams in a financial systems role
- Have a track record of successfully leading large scale organizational transformation efforts with teams across the company.
- Good understanding of financial processes and systems in Quote-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, Record-to-Report, Acquire-to-Retire, Financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Demonstrable success managing teams implementing and supporting large scale enterprise applications especially ERP(NetSuite, Oracle etc), Subscription Billing Solutions (Zuora, Stripe, Recurly etc), FP&A Systems (Adaptive Insights, Board, Planful)
- Strong experience deploying, enhancing and maintaining systems meeting the needs of public company environment
- You are empathic to your stakeholder’s challenges and have the willingness to champion their problems for prioritization
- You have helped development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale, understands the big picture and the importance of investing in the core technical foundation.
- Experienced building a diverse and inclusive culture, with teams that are eager to learn and deeply curious
- You are data driven and use data to make decisions on designs, solutions and also present the same to others to guide decision making and future planning
- You are a collaborator, co-creator and you ‘act like an owner’ in solving problems and challenges together vs presenting problems
- You build strong relationships and partnerships, are able to resolve conflicts and issues with the goal of improving and maintaining positive relationships.
- You thrive in the gray and can wear multiple hats at any given time
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Thorough understanding of the project lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment without being dogmatic. Knowledge of agile-aligned methodologies (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, Lean-Agile, etc.)
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.