Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
The Data Infrastructure team builds the infrastructure responsible for consuming, exposing and creating product and product-derived datasets. Our team owns the pipelines that transport and process database data from all of Asana’s product surfaces. We build and operate the infrastructure and services that ensure data accuracy and data availability for stakeholders in Data Science, Business and feature teams.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to build and operate software to make Asana secure, scalable and fast. You will work with the team on deploying and operating existing systems, and build and support platforms and tools that provide high leverage to data consumers.You will guide users of Asana data to use these platforms effectively and champion adopting best practices and better technologies to improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of our offerings.
What you'll do
- Design, build, and operate streaming and batch services used by all of Asana
- Collaborate on scaling the core data pipeline and scaling up data processing to meet the rapid data growth at Asana
- Design and implement tooling and automation for clustering, scaling, monitoring and alerting
- Participate in the on-call rotation, investigate and resolve production problems
- Like to leave code better than you found it
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
- A strong interest in building scalable and performant distributed systems with a focus on eliminating risks
- Experience working in large, high-quality codebases
- Experience in developing ETL jobs using a distributed processing framework
- Experience with our tech stack - Scala, Python, Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes, AWS-based infrastructure
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.