We’re looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to join our design leadership team. You will help shape our key product pillar, our people, and the ways we design and build. You’ll be responsible for helping your team focus on the user, coaching them through our process, and making sure that they’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. As a critical member of the San Francisco design leadership team, you thrive on cross-functional collaboration, and actively work to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will play a key role in a small team of Product Designers owning core product development, from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 190 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. Your team will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
What you'll achieve
- Manage a team of design managers and designers by mentoring and creating growth opportunities for those on your team
- Partner with Pillar Lead peers in PM and engineering to strategize and define pillar goals, objectives, roadmap, and processes to ensure projects are well defined and high impact
- Coach teams across the pillar to successfully navigate the product development process of new features and iterations of an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Connect the dots across experiences and teams to create a cohesive customer experience
- Ensure team members are creating high quality work that delights our customers, helps our teams build more efficiently, and meets company objectives
- Collaborate with design leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Establish team rituals that ensure long term health and team cohesion
- Partner with Design Leadership and recruiting to expand our team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
- Seasoned design manager (5+ years in a people management role) who has led teams of design managers and designers in shipping SaaS and/or consumer software products in a fast-growing environment
- Demonstrated track record of building, mentoring, and coaching team members, and leading by example
- Strong product design sense that allows you to fluidly move from high-level strategic conversation to nitty gritty details
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your company as a whole
- Ability to present and sell your ideas, create coalition, and build support
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- A champion of the user, you ensure that your team actively participates in user research, and that designs are informed by research and data
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.