Sales Development Representative, Sydney
We are looking for a driven, hard-working, and adaptable team player to join our sales team as the first Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Sydney. As the first SDR, you will be the first sales contact that a prospect has with Asana, and this role will be instrumental in powering the Asana revenue engine through innovation & energy, consistently scaling our business, and maximizing value for our customers. This is a great opportunity to learn the fundamentals of sales, work with a product-centric team, and help build out a new function for our APAC team.
What you’ll achieve
- Educate new and existing users about the value of Asana
- Maintain active engagement with prospects using creative follow-up communication
- Efficiently manage a high volume of both outbound and inbound communications
- Conduct qualification meetings with new customers
- Ensure a seamless hand-off of leads and appointments to the rest of the sales team
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in Salesforce
- Analyze sales data and recommend new outreach strategies
- Meet & exceed monthly and quarterly targets & objectives
- 1-2 years of customer-facing experience, ideally sales experience
- Interest in growth in a sales career
- Passion for technology and an ability to speak knowledgeably about the industry
- Clear communication, a deep sense of empathy, and a commitment to integrity
- Excellent writing skills with attention to grammar and tone
- An analytical thinker who can see trends across vast amounts of data
- A self starter who can diagnose inefficiencies and optimize processes to maximize results
- A commitment to learning, being adaptable, and having a great attitude
- Experience during the scaling of a software or SaaS sales organization, and/or startup experience
- Salesforce experience
- Second language (Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean)
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.