The data team designs, implements and scales data pipelines that transform raw data into actionable models and metrics that enable insight. This team owns the pipelines that transport and process database data from all of Asana’s product surfaces. We build and operate the infrastructure and services that ensure data accuracy and data availability for data scientists, analysts, and business and product teams.
We are looking for a data engineer to support our product data engineering team. This team will have ownership of the core data pipelines powering Asana’s metrics and partner with our existing data infrastructure team, data science team, and cross-functional partners to help evolve our analytic data model as data volume grows and new needs arise to support the growth of the business.
What you’ll achieve
- Architect, build, and launch scalable data pipelines to support Asana’s growing data processing and analytics needs
- Produce foundational data tables and metrics with clear definitions, lineage, and test coverage to ensure that data is reliable, intelligible, and maintainable
- Understand and influence logging frameworks and practices to support our data flow, architecting logging best practices where needed
- Implement systems to track data quality and consistency
- Partner with business domain experts, data scientists and analysts, and engineering teams to build a roadmap for foundational data sets that are aligned with business goals and that enable self-service
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering or data engineering
- Interest in building scalable data pipelines
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements and architect shared datasets
- An inquisitive nature in diving into data inconsistencies to pinpoint issues
- Being autonomous in taking projects to successful completion
- Desire to build team practices and ceremonies
- Experience using coding languages Python, Java, Scala
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.