Manager, Commercial Sales
We’re looking for a sales leader with experience building highly profitable, scalable, and leveraged teams to ensure the optimal balance of company growth and customer experience through online sales.
The Asana Sales team relies on a freemium product model that provides leverage for our sales teams at every customer interaction. Our user-driven (bottom-up) B2B sales model allows us to interact with more users than a traditional B2B sales model on a daily basis. At our scale, even small optimizations, across every touch point (website visitors and product users), provides tremendous impact to the growth of our business.
As the Commercial Sales Manager, you will further optimize the current sales playbook for the Commercial team to increase both deal velocity and deal size, implement best practices, drive business growth, and help scale our Commercial sales program. You’ll manifest our values and contribute to building a sales culture that is integrated with the entire company.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Manage, hire, and develop Asana’s Commercial Sales team in San Francisco
- Lead strategic planning for your team, including: territory planning, deal strategy development, and enablement
- Participate directly in complex sales situations and negotiations
- Set and achieve ambitious targets quarter after quarter
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Success, Sales Enablement, and Product teams
- Establish and implement best practices for maximizing pipeline creation, forecasting accuracy, and Salesforce hygiene
- Sit as part of the Asana Sales Leadership team
- 1+ years of sales leadership experience in SaaS, preferable
- 2-4+ years in a quota carrying role
- A knowledge and passion for high volume, bottoms up sales, complemented with top down selling
- A passion for coaching and developing world class talent
- A love for building teams
- An aptitude for problem solving and developing creative solutions
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- Enjoy working with peers on the Marketing, Partnerships, Customer Operations, and Product teams
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.