At Asana, we are designing the future of teamwork. We are building a whole new category of tools made for this moment. We are inventing new ways for every team in the world to work together effortlessly and see the larger purpose behind their work.
We are a design-driven product and a product-driven organization looking for a kind and empathetic leader to join us as our Head of Design. As the leader of the Design organization, you’ll be responsible for scaling and supporting our design teams across San Francisco, New York City and Vancouver to innovate amazing customer experiences. You will co-create a standard of design excellence across our external branding and product experience across all platforms including web and mobile. As a pillar of our experience principles you will inspire innovation and influence the impact Design can have on our organization.
What You’ll Achieve
- Inspire the Design organization to innovate by solving customer problems in collaboration with customer-facing teams, PM and Engineering.
- Collaborate with company leadership to create a standard of excellence across Asana’s brand and product customer experience, bringing our vision to life.
- Articulate and pursue a long-term vision for the Design organization, proactively anticipating possible future opportunities and problems.
- Co-create Asana’s product strategy and unique means of delivering customer value
- Serve as a role model for the design organization in representing Asana’s values. As the leader of the Design organization, you will co-create a culture of empathy, safety and belonging where all voices feel and are heard.
- Foster a culture of excellence across our design teams, ensuring velocity without sacrificing craft.
- work closely with product & design leadership and Talent Acquisition to attract the best designers and leaders in the world, grow our diverse team, and help it thrive by allowing everyone to bring their unique strengths to bear on the problems we solve.
- Coaching through the work
- Coach and mentor our leaders within design and cross-functionally to grow with Asana.
- Coach the craft of design as it relates to strategy and detailed execution with teams.
- Successful track record of leading a Design organization to deliver a delightful and cohesive user experience at scale.
- Deep experience building high-performing design teams, with specific care to ensure that they operate in a way that produces the best outcomes for customers.
- Ability to develop design leaders, who are responsible for guiding large teams of designers, managers and other leaders.
- Role model of cross-functional collaboration and customer orientation, action-orientation, and of leveraging those skills to achieve great results in the presence of ambiguity.
- Experience nurturing a work environment that allows everyone to bring their whole selves to work, and values diversity and inclusion, because that is where we know teams perform at their best.
- Highly empathetic, collaborative, no-ego approach to leadership. A bias towards servant leadership and hands-on coaching.
- Experience building SaaS products is desirable
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.