We’re looking for an experienced creative leader to join the Brand Design team and help define a unique web experience for the Asana brand. Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll be leading a small team of highly skilled and talented designers, working closely with leadership and championing innovation across the organization.
We are on a mission to help all teams work together effortlessly. With millions of teams using Asana across 195 countries, our work has only just begun. The Brand Design team at Asana is a tightly knit group of creatives that makes thoughtful, beautiful, brand design work across owned, earned, and paid channels. We tell Asana’s story to the world, and are responsible for creating experiences that our customers love.
The design team works closely with marketers to create thoughtful, beautiful brand design work, from concepting campaigns that will evolve into interactive and brand design, to product launches. You’ll work with in-house resources as well as external agencies and vendors to ensure our work is extraordinary. The ideal candidate will have a proven record in graphic design and art direction for the web, with experience, both agency and in-house, managing a team and leading large web design projects.
- Collaborate with marketers, producers, product managers to define and execute Asana’s interactive experience from concept to execution
- Partner closely with writers, designers and web developers to bring campaigns, product launches and brand initiatives to life on the web
- Manage a small team of talented designers, mentoring and supporting them to strive for innovation and creating work that delights our customers, meets company objectives and reinforces our brand across all web executions
- Collaborate with design leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Expand our team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- Lead and manage multiple medium to large-scale projects independently, working cross-functionally with partners to define a brief and deliver appropriate solutions, often overseeing teammates
- Manage ambiguity effectively, and influence the direction of your projects by identifying and defining new opportunities
- Define goals, success metrics, and strategy for your projects
- Work autonomously on open-ended problems that impact other programs, and drive coordination between designers
- 7+ years experience in interactive design, managing large web design projects and leading teams in-house and/or agency
- Strong understanding of branding
- Able to flex from concepting to execution
- Strategic thinker
- Experience with global marketing campaigns and product launches
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.