We are looking for a Technical Program Manager who has a passion for and experience in business processes and technology. As part of the role, you will program manage solutions for systems & tools under the Business Technology organization. The Business Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering great user experiences through secure, scalable technology, and enable processes, data and analytics that power the business and help Asana achieve its mission. To do this, we collaborate deeply with the best of minds and teams at Asana that run our business and build our product. Our TPMs manage the full lifecycle of projects and programs — from project kick-off and planning to execution and closure — to deliver high-quality services for our internal stakeholders with predictability. They bring order to chaos by thinking holistically and foster open collaboration by working with cross-functional project team members to design and improve processes and tools. They are comfortable working with both highly technical and non-technical disciplines to ensure that project inputs and requirements are transformed into impactful results. They identify, manage, mitigate risks, and create repeatable project management processes that will help scale our business.
- Independently plan and manage programs and projects of significant complexity and risk
- Lead projects to implement new Sales and Marketing/GTM systems and/or enhance existing systems to fit the need of business processes
- Ensure coordination of shared resources, common activities, and other dependencies across projects
- Partner with the business (Marketing, Sales, Finance, User Operations, Legal) to understand the organization and its goals in order to determine potential project scope and tailor the plans and deliverables accordingly
- Organize the overall project team and establish clear roles and responsibilities at the beginning of each project; holding project team accountable for the deliverables
- Build strong relationships and trust with stakeholders, keeping them and their teams engaged in the project, e.g. through status reporting and issue management
- Proactively detect misalignment and risk; gain consensus on appropriate actions to mitigate negative impact
- Effectively interact with audiences at all levels to facilitate and influence decision-making and problem-solving across projects, programs, and teams
- Work closely with all teams within Business Technology Sales and Marketing/GTM) Systems, Business Intelligence, Integrations, Technology Operations) to ensure project solutions fit appropriately into the overall landscape
- Facilitate, manage and improve the project intake process for Business Technology
- Participate in expansion of existing footprint to bring in new technologies, building and responding to RFPs and executing Statements of Work (SOW)
- Promote project management best practices and train others on PM processes and tools across teams
- Develop and manage program budget including forecasting, ROI, invoicing and vendor management where needed
- Support the development of internal processes and documentation to facilitate knowledge sharing
- 6+ years in a senior project management or program management role leading projects of significant complexity
- Proven experience in supporting projects for Sales and Marketing business functions
- Understanding of full lead lifecycle from top of funnel => handoff to Sales => Sales lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of Salesforce and how it supports business operations
- Ability to balance a program workload and staffing according to project/program and organizational priorities and goals
- Ability to drive projects in an agile, waterfall or hybrid environment
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of both the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and non-technology project lifecycle, including identification of the business problem, development of business cases and project plans, and project management and closeout
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
- Able to serve as a liaison between business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to project/program management to deliver enterprise-level projects
- Able to team effectively with others and build relationships at all levels, both within the team and with stakeholders
- Solid understanding of Systems beyond Salesforce including Iterable, Marketo, Drift and how they support business operations
- Hands-on experience with collaboration tools (Asana, Slack, Google, Microsoft, Jira, etc.)
- Experience leading projects/programs in a B2B SaaS organization
- PMP or Agile certification preferred
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.