Head of Compensation & Equity
At Asana, we have an ambitious mission and we’re looking for an equally ambitious and skilled compensation leader to help us get there. The Head of Compensation & Equity will drive the strategy and design of our global compensation and equity programs. You’ll bring innovation and insights that evolve our compensation practices in ways that will enable us to grow and scale, while also staying true to our values and culture. You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of People Rewards, Analytics & Operations and collaborating with senior leaders and the Company Board.
This role will join the People Operations team, ensuring we are delivering a best-in-class experience that supports our culture and mission. We are “people” people, we’re handy people, we are technical people, and above all, we are those who care about empowering our team to be the best they can be.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the strategy and design of Asana’s global compensation programs by connecting them to Asana’s culture, compensation philosophy and business strategy
- Leverage industry experience and creative and innovative program design to maximize the return on our compensation investment and help attract and reward our employees
- Support our executive compensation processes and programs by partnering with the leadership, legal and outside advisors
- Manage the design of our global equity programs, spearhead employee equity education and partner closely with our stock admin and legal teams on execution
- Be the lead on incentive compensation research to ensure our sales programs are effective and competitive
- Oversee the creation of policies and procedures to ensure compensation is fair and equitable
- Ensure scalability of Asana’s compensation cycles and processes, including shifting processes to a new HRIS system
- Oversee benchmarking of the company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs to ensure market competitiveness.
- Leverage industry experience and professional networks to bring thought leadership to our program design
- Manage and grow our compensation team over time as we scale, providing ongoing mentorship, training and development to direct reports
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders and people team leaders across the organization.
- Advise and educate employees, management teams and executives on compensation related issues through formal and informal training, communication and change management efforts
- 8+ years experience managing compensation programs with at least 3+ years experience managing global compensation programs
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Strategic thinker who sees the forest for the trees and is thinking 1-2 years out
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- You have experience building and scaling compensation programs globally
- You are an effective communicator and have experience in educating employees and management about compensation
- Experience in consulting or in-house experience at a high-growth technology company is a plus
- You’re a ruthless prioritizer that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Asana experience a plus
- Grace under pressure
- Can-do attitude
- Creative problem solver
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.