We are looking for a Business Solutions Architect who has a passion for and experience in application architecture, business processes and technology. As part of the role, you will lead architectural design and solutions for all systems & tools under the Business Technology organization. The Business Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering great user experiences through secure, scalable technology, and enable processes, data and analytics that power the business and help Asana achieve its mission. To do this, we collaborate deeply with the best of minds and teams at Asana that run our business and build our product
As Business Solutions Architect, you’ll provide technical leadership, guide architectural and design decisions for the team on complex cross-functional programs to build solutions and features that scale and deliver long-term value for our business. You will report directly into the Head of Business Technology.
What you’ll achieve
- Be passionate about not only educating, training, designing, and building applications that our business teams would leverage to engage with customers but also empathic to their difficulties and challenges with a willingness to champion their problems for prioritization.
- You will assess and gain a thorough understanding of Asana’s business model, processes, tools and technologies to drive improvements with recommendations that streamline business processes and achieve operational excellence
- As a solutions architect you will participate in discovery of new capabilities conducting initial analysis and recommending path forward that could include assessing new tooling and systems needs and their fit into the ecosystem
- You will build trust across teams and functions that you are the go-to for building and maintaining a cross functional enterprise architecture
- Collaborate with other technical architects, leads and teams to create a build vs buy strategy and evolve it over time
- Ensures that we have a strong security architecture and process in place to ensure we build safe and secure systems protecting our user, customer and employee data
- You will work with Product Owners/Business Analysts to understand requirements, review and play an advisor on designs where you are not leading them. Mentor team members so they learn the rope and grow in their roles
- Create reliable solution plans that include cost estimates and optimized delivery approaches by working with the business and partner teams, enforcing governance and compliance activities for the solution
- You will adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques and best practices including prototyping new architecture methods, tools and products that might provide future value to our business and team
- 10+ years of experience working with go-to-market systems and data reporting platforms and at least 4+ years of experience working on solution design and systems architecture in a cloud application SaaS environment
- Strong familiarity and experience in designing solutions to scale business functions involved in the end-end customer journey
- You have experience in architecting solutions for lead gen, lead routing, quote to cash, revenue forecasting and how these tools are integrated in a cloud architecture
- You have previously designed and launched Master Data systems for enrichment, customer, product catalogs
- You are data driven and use data to make decisions on designs, solutions and also present the same to others to guide decision making and future planning
- TOGAF: Experience with applications such as Salesforce, Marketing Automation, CPQ, Channel Partners, Subscription Billing Management, Netsuite and Zendesk
- You are a collaborator, co-creator and you ‘act like an owner’ in solving problems and challenges together vs presenting problems
- You love to work in a hyper-growth environment that’s powered by smart, mission-driven and motivated people.
- You build strong relationships and partnerships, are able to resolve conflicts and issues with the goal of improving and maintaining positive relationships.
- You thrive in the gray and can wear multiple hats at any given time