Asana is hiring an experienced and strongly motivated IT leader to manage our growing Deployment & Logistics team in San Francisco. The role will be a hands-on role that will be responsible for managing a team that delivers world-class support to our users globally. The ideal candidate will be focused on enabling employees to be innovative, reducing friction, and helping Asana’s teams to operate at their peak potential. This position will report directly to the Head of IT in San Francisco.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in working in ambiguity, and would rather collaborate with others than work alone. You are crisp and detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of hardware deployment personnel within the IT End-User Services team including hiring, performance management, and career development
- Own the end-to-end process for end-user hardware and peripherals from ordering to deployment.
- Monitor service level metrics and response times and redirect team activities as needed.
- Design and execute projects to improve systems and operations.
- In conjunction with the team, develop and document new deployment and provisioning processes.
- Oversee all hardware and software ordering for IT
- Manage relationships with vendors for computer hardware, peripherals, and managed printing across all offices
- Coordinate technical provisioning and oversight of all day one, new hire deployments
- Support Asana employees in resolving problems with IT issued hardware
- 3 - 5 years of experience in leading an on-site IT team.
- Experience with asset management software and organization
- Hands on knowledge of IT and communications technology fundamentals.
- Direct experience with Apple products, including Mac laptops and iPads
- Direct experience with Windows and Chrome OS(Lenovo hardware preferred)
- Possess both exemplary customer service skills and the ability to train and support employees on IT hardware.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in working within a larger leadership team
- Ability to lift heavy equipment (50+ pounds)
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.