We are looking for an Engineering Manager to grow our rapidly expanding Security team here at Asana. You will be guiding your team and ensuring our ambitious security roadmap is achieved to keep Asana users safe.
The Security team ensures that Asana's users and employees are safe from malicious activity and accidental disclosure. We build the systems and tools that enable the rest of Asana to develop secure software easily. We're focused on secure-by-default frameworks, least privilege access, detection and alerting, and eliminating bug classes.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of security engineers by providing the resources and coaching they need to execute programs
- Guide the articulation and execution of Asana’s Security program
- Work directly with the Head of Security and other senior leaders across Asana to set the strategy for your team
- Build processes that scale Security to a rapidly expanding company
- Recruit for the Security team and define how it evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Work with teams cross-functionally and align their roadmaps to improve the security posture of Asana
- Support product teams working on our newest features and technologies to be sure they are secure
- 2+ years technical management and leadership experience
- Previous information security experience as a manager or individual contributor
- Proven experience with AWS and commonly used tools and frameworks for modern SaaS companies
- Very comfortable with the technical details of our work
- Very comfortable with working with stakeholders like Product, Legal, Sales, Marketing, and the rest of Engineering
- You’re interested in building defenses against real world attacks
- Able to balance diverse risk when making decisions
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.