We’re looking for people who are driven by collaborative and creative environments to develop simple, innovative, and beautifully designed products that customers love to use. As the designer on our Wayfinding team, you’ll be responsible for designing Asana’s user navigation and information architecture, to ensure that our product is straightforward, delightful, and confidence-inspiring.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will play a key role in a small team of Product Designers owning core product development, from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
What you’ll achieve
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of updated navigation and information architecture of an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Collaborate closely with Content Strategy, User Research, the Design System team, cross-functional stakeholders, and fellow Product Designers to create a cohesive customer experience
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for your program team, as a key contributor to defining your program’s goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments
- Deliver delightful and easy to use design, thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens
- Work through product problems from opportunity and definition to shipping solutions to our customers
- Participate in design critique and present work regularly in product leadership feedback meetings
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship solutions
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
- 6+ years relevant experience at a high tech, product-driven company
- Passion for creating new navigation paradigms; you thrive at the intersection of content, context, and user experience
- A systems thinker; you are able to understand and adhere to a design system, and challenge and contribute to it when necessary
- A driven self-starter, experienced in taking ownership of the direction of ambiguous projects. Excited about collaborating and building relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Marketing, UXR, and Product Management
- Track record of mapping new information architectures, creating UX design deliverables to communicate your thinking, partnering closely with Content Strategists, and shipping designs and intuitive experiences across web and mobile
- Clearly communicate design thinking with solid rationale informed by research and data
- Possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from discovery and problem definition to detailed UX design
- Enjoy mentoring more junior team members, and leading by example to help other designers adopt best practices
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.