We are looking for an Integrations Engineer with expertise in Enterprise System Integrations and Business Process Automation to help with the mapping, design, documentation and implementation of various system integrations. This role acts as a foundational pillar to the entire business and spans Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR applications and systems. The better integrations we have in place between systems, the more Asana can focus on our customers and less on operational work.
The Business Technology team at Asana acts as the engine to the business team; up-leveling our business partners by delivering secure, scalable, and efficient systems, processes, data and insights that help Asana achieve its mission. As an Integrations Engineer, you will be foundational to how the business operates and the value provided with each thoughtful integration between systems leads to tremendous gains for the business. You will expose new insights that help Asana make better decisions, enable complex workflows that help us move more efficiently and effectively as an organization, and expand the value that each system can provide to an end user.
What you’ll achieve
- Own the lifecycle responsibility for architecting and designing, vetting, building, developing integrations between complex systems and/or integrations between existing solutions
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, operating managers, and professional staff across other organizational units as it pertains to business processes and systems.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously including operational tasks
- Act as an owner and ultimate escalation point for the integrations you build
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
- 6+ years of experience in designing and building integration solutions
- Experience with Enterprise IPAAS platforms: Snaplogic, Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, etc. (we use Snaplogic!)
- Experience in building integrations with REST and SOAP API, JMS, file, SFTP, DB, Email, custom code
- Experience in building integration solutions with various enterprise cloud applications like SFDC, Marketo, AWS, NetSuite
- Experience with SQL
- Hands-on experience in building solutions with enterprise cloud data storages like AWS S3, Redshift, or Snowflake.
- Clear understanding of Integration design patterns and the advantages of implementing them in a complex ecosystem
- Preferably a BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of system and software engineering architecture principles, concepts, and best practices
- Experienced in mentoring more junior integrations engineers
- Excellent environmental testing; test planning and execution skills
- Excellent decision-making, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.