Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, Experience Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great product. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for an experienced product manager for our cloud platform that delivers delightful and fast user experiences. You’re an experienced product leader who has deep empathy for customers and can take on difficult, ambiguous projects where the solution is not clear from the outset. You view site performance as a foundational part of user experience, and can drive ambitious performance objectives with a suite of rapidly growing features. You love building robust and scalable frameworks that can speed up engineering velocity. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with engineering, design, user research, product marketing, product leadership, and the rest of our amazing PM team.
What you’ll achieve
- Define and deliver a compelling roadmap based on customer needs and strategic opportunities
- Maximize clarity by bringing a data-driven mindset to setting goals and milestones
- Partner with engineering to execute on the plan
- Mentor new PMs and share best practices with the product team
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Technical Product Manager, or equivalent.
- Comfortable getting into deep technical discussions with engineers about the pros and cons of different approaches.
- Strong communicator across different audiences and communication styles. Can simplify tough problems and explain them to a non-technical audience.
- Dig deep to make sure we’re solving root problems and ensure we’re thinking about process and systems in scalable and maintainable ways.
- Love working with technical teams to make a big impact
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.