Launched commercially in 2012, Asana has emerged as the leader in the work management category. Our success is linked to our culture, employees, and commitment to our mission: to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s unique business model and disciplined sales approach enables us to build a user-driven marketing and sales engine that can scale quickly and effectively. We have experience at the forefront of bottom-up enterprise software sales, helping customers scale from initial adoption to large, high-impact deployments.
We are looking for a Commercial Account Executive to join our San Francisco-based team who is driven, hard-working, and adaptable. This role will be instrumental in powering the Asana revenue engine through innovation & energy, consistently scaling our business and maximizing value for our customers. You'll join a talented team focused on helping our future Commercial customers understand and leverage the power of Asana. This is a great opportunity to learn the fundamentals of sales and work with a product-centric team.
What You’ll Achieve
- Hunt and close expansion opportunities within your book of business
- Help Commercial organizations become more productive & collaborative by driving change through work management
- Develop and leverage customer relationships to expand usage within new teams and departments
- Prove out top-down selling motions & methodologies
- Experiment with new processes that scale across Asana globally
- 2-3+ years closing experience in an inside sales role (previous SaaS experience a plus)
- Experience up-selling, cross-selling, and hunting new business
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, and integrity
- Ability to set repeatable processes that support a high volume of customer interactions
- Full sales-cycle management skills, from prospecting to close
- Experience working with internal marketing, business, and product teams to find efficient paths to successful and profitable customers
- Ability to advocate equally for the user and Asana in overcoming challenges
- Adaptable to changing conditions
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Salesforce and/or Outreach.io proficiency
- Experience during the scaling of a software or SaaS sales organization
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.