Asana is a leader in the Collaboration Work Management space with over 75,000 paying customers in 194 countries as well as strong penetration of the Fortune 500. After carefully building out the Enterprise Sales segment, Asana is now ready to scale that business pillar. We are already seeing strong growth and traction in key European markets and consequently we are investing.
As a member of our Sales Team you will be responsible for prospecting into and growing customers in your territory. This is a highly collaborative role requiring a passion for building strong and lasting relationships which allow our largest customers to be, and feel, successful with Asana’s solution/product and services.
The mission of the team is to become trusted and valuable partners to the world’s leading companies. The team helps global companies implement and scale best-in-class work-management software to enable productivity. Delivering on this you will partner closely with key stakeholders such as marketing, solution engineering, customer success and business development. With your partners, you will be leading our efforts to expand our footprint by aligning Asana software and services with the complex requirements of our largest global customers.
You will establish yourself as a trusted advisor to senior level users, decision makers and other key stakeholders such as procurement and IT, and develop a deep understanding of their business and the market in which they operate. You will also invest in and demonstrate an understanding of their strategy and how they execute it. You will act as the global single point of contact to our key EMEA customers conducting executive level commercial discussions related to the procurement of Asana’s solution/product and services.
As the Account Executive you will be the ultimate responsible for setting account goals, strategies and tactics for growth and then build account plans to deliver.
What you’ll achieve:
- Provide high-quality customer engagement activities in the function(s), use-cases and product/solution they are already invested in.
- Quickly gain knowledge and expertise of the work-management category) in order to communicate the value of Asana, benefits of new features, and enhancements to our global customers.
- Leverage executive relationships and executive sponsors to deepen Asana’s relationships with customers.
- Be open, collaborative and customer-focused in all communications and transactions with colleagues and customers
- Build account plans for your named accounts that align with globally set strategy and identify key decision makers, regional approach, buying processes, current investment, product utilisation and new revenue opportunities.
- Negotiate and close all orders with the larger Asana investment in mind and provide post-contract support to ensure product delivery and satisfaction.
- Use Salesforce.com to track activities and, most importantly, accurately forecast your business
- Coordinate and delegate a cross-functional team of business development representatives, customer success managers, solution engineers and marketing to support your accounts.
- Maintain ongoing communication with your manager and global stakeholders to keep updated on development and opportunities
- Represent both market trends and customer needs to the Executive and Product teams to ensure we are both serving current needs well and evolving our portfolio to identify future customer needs.
- Share your successful selling strategies and lessons learned with the team
- BA / BSc in a related field
- 5/10+ years of experience in quota-carrying roles or equivalent sales consulting experience
- 3+ years in enterprise / global customer's sales
- Experience working cross-functionally to build and close global deals
- Experience managing executive level customers in net new and renewal environments :
- Experience selling to EVPs, CXOs and end-users (in the same sales cycle) in both individual and team sales environments
- Experience closing new business accounts and managing existing accounts
- Proven success in selling a brand new, disruptive technology
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to generate a plan to ensure deep penetration into global accounts