The mission of Asana Engineering is to build Asana’s products at a high quality bar at a sustained high velocity. As the Engineering Operations lead, you will assist engineering leaders in pursuing our mission by gathering data, identifying gaps, improving processes, aligning teams and communicating results across the company.
We are looking for an experienced leader who will up-level the engineering organization on measurement, management and communication of our work. This is a new role and you’ll be setting up the foundation of engineering operations at Asana. You will directly contribute to improving execution and work with other leaders to identify, prioritize, and evangelize strategic opportunities to improve execution and processes. You will report directly into the Head of Engineering.
What you'll achieve
- Develop, lead, delegate and guide key initiatives to scale the engineering team (in partnership with engineering leaders and People Ops).
- Iterate on and optimize engineering on-boarding and training programs
- Identify gaps in engineering leadership/management and develop programs to address
- Spread good practices related to: program execution, cross-office communication, cross-functional collaboration
- Create process for identifying, prioritizing and staffing work towards developer efficiency
- Own the execution and evolution of key processes and rhythms of the eng organizations. e.g.
- Tracking program execution across teams and identifying challenges and opportunities
- Coordinating/communicating staffing decisions
- Headcount assignment and tracking
- Off-sprint, hackathon
- Increase speed of decision-making
- Identify crucial decisions blocked by lack of clarity, create appropriate process, bring stakeholders together and drive to conclusion
- Ensure progress towards goals is clearly and consistently communicated by teams
- 8 years relevant professional experience, including: software development, engineering management, management consulting, project/program management of software deliverables
- Experience leading and supporting high-performance, collaborative, engineering teams; expertise in software development processes
- Strong systems thinking
- Demonstrated leadership (with and without formal authority)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. or higher, preferably in a quantitative field (engineering, applied math, etc.).
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.