The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, and how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company and drives key roadmap decisions.
As a senior member of the team, you’ll help grow and scale a small but influential research discipline. You’ll operate as player-coach and be fully embedded with a team of designers, PMs, marketers and other cross-functional partners, accountable for delivering profound insights that drive product and marketing. This means you're hands on at every level and scope of research, from the generative to the evaluative and everything in between.
What you’ll achieve
- Provide expert guidance in identifying, conducting, and synthesizing research to researchers and other product team members
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that we ship meaningful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams then design, plan, and execute on the highest leveraged work
- Partner with Research Ops to help scale our work, supporting our ambition to have best in class research and insights for our product teams
- 6+ years of experience practicing ux research for digital products
- Skilled champion of both the customer and business perspective
- Expert in a range of evaluative and generative research methodologies including lean experimentation
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights for you and your team
- Know how to hire, motivate, and develop a team of talented UX Researchers at varying career levels from early career to senior
- Quickly build trust and rapport with stakeholders at every level and role including senior leadership, Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers
- Approaches every project with a strategic mindset
- Can teach and leverage frameworks and model-thinking
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.