We’re looking for an experienced leader to provide strategic and operational leadership for our Dedicated Customer Success and Professional Services teams.
You’ll lead two fast-growing functions responsible for driving change management and customer adoption, building champion relationships, and developing mission-critical workflows -- all to ensure customers are growing in a healthy way in line with the goals they have for Asana. You will lead and inspire teams to help customers adopt Asana as both a product and a new way of work within their organizations.
You must be a hands-on leader who enjoys spending time with customers while also being able to think and act strategically, often within the same day. You will work in a dynamic, high-growth environment across a variety of teams to serve progressively larger and more complex customers as the business grows.
Professional Services at Asana are typically multi-phase, 3-9 month organization-wide engagements deployed by Professional Services Consultants to our highest-value customers. The scopes of work include deployments focused on large-scale change management and adoption as well as an increasing focus on technical services and integrations.
Dedicated Customer Success Managers (CSMs) act as trusted advisors to Asana’s most important customers and work in close partnership with Account Executives and other supporting roles to provide lifecycle management to high-value customers.
As a Customer Success leader based in San Francisco, you will report to the Head of Customer Success. Your direct reports will be responsible for all of NAMER, and you will partner with regional General Managers and Heads of Customer Success to co-create regional playbooks across our global customer base.
Your primary strategic objective will be to develop the right focus and balance of Professional Services and Dedicated Customer Success to get customers adopted quickly, build great relationships, and drive lifetime value. You will drive a vision to make Asana’s Customer Success and Professional Service experiences a sustained competitive differentiator in the market and ensure Asana becomes the work management tool of choice for some of the largest and most impactful companies in the world.
What you’ll achieve
- Continuously improve Asana’s Dedicated Customer Success Management and Professional Services strategy and offerings.
- Execute a strategy that balances paid, time-bound engagements delivered by Professional Service Consultants with lifecycle management delivered by CSMs.
- Own Professional Services P&L responsibility and deliver on ambitious annual growth targets.
- Expand Asana’s global playbook of approaches to improve customer adoption, build champion relationships, and create mission-critical workflows.
- Scale the CSM & Professional Services teams through recruitment, training, and development.
- Bridge across Marketing, Sales, and User Operations (Support) teams to define and implement the ideal customer journey for large priority accounts.
- Catalyze new business by partnering with Customer Advocacy and Customer Marketing to increase the number of customer champions and referenceability of customers.
- Work with Revenue Operations to standardize common service delivery tools and infrastructure.
- Model what it means to be a consultative presence in the field to the Sales and Customer Success teams by supporting customer meetings.
- You have 15+ years of total account management experience in a SaaS company.
- You have 8+ years leading and managing a combination of Customer Success and Professional Service organizations at a global SaaS company.
- You have a keen understanding of SaaS business models, technology adoption, and change management.
- You have a passion for customers as part of your DNA -- you physically hurt when there’s a bad customer experience.
- You’re comfortable being hands-on, detail-orientated and shifting between the tactical and strategic. You are driven to serve the growth needs of the team by leveraging a career coaching approach and employee advancement opportunities.
- You have a thoughtful and strong philosophy about the role of Customer Success in SaaS companies.
- You have built a Professional Services team from the ground up and experienced every part of the full life cycle from scoping and quoting through delivery.
- You have expert-level knowledge of leading SaaS CS & Services management models and a proven track record in a high-growth environment of:
- Leading in global, matrixed organization.
- Designing and executing a strategy that balances paid, time-bound engagements with lifecycle management through CSMs.
- Driving (directly or indirectly through your team) strategic CS engagements for $1M+ accounts.
- Leading teams to deliver enterprise-level software deployments.
- Architecting and building project staffing structures for Professionals Consultants.
- Working effectively with Partners to extend CS & Services coverage outside of core markets.
- Managing a P&L that is placed under investor scrutiny.
- Designing, implementing, and improving new services capabilities, including go-to-market pricing, packaging, and enablement.
- Being seen directly as a trusted advisor to executive champions in priority accounts.
- Influencing Sales and Product teams without authority.
- Working cross-functionally across Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product, Finance, and Legal.
- You’re aligned with up to 20% estimated travel time for customer work and regional HQ alignment.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates experienced in supporting large-scale companies with collaborative tools.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.