The Business Technology team at Asana, which encompasses Business Systems, Business Intelligence and Integrations, provides our Business and Operations teams (including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and Recruiting) with the tools, data, and insights to help maximize the impact our company can have on the world.
We are looking for a Salesforce Development Manager to join our San Francisco based team. This person has experience building and managing agile teams, a knack for finding creative solutions to complex challenges, and an ability to drive internal development operational projects. Experience developing in Salesforce is a must.
What you’ll achieve:
- Work with business users on teams such as sales, marketing, and customer success to understand their objectives and craft elegant solutions for their critical workflows
- Lead and build a team of Salesforce developers and other SaaS products
- Build and manage testing, release and environment management processes that maximize effectiveness of your team
- Effectively communicate expectations to your team and they consistently meet them
- Proactively work with your manager to adjust (or remove) priorities for your team as you encounter roadblocks
- Partner with other developers and project managers on the Business Systems team to execute larger initiatives
- Provide leadership and guidance on architecture and development processes for Salesforce and connected systems
- Manage fast-changing priorities in a dynamic environment to deliver the most impactful solutions to business stakeholders by incorporating urgency vs. importance dimensions
- Earn the trust from key stakeholders across functions by communicating your team’s plans and being transparent about progress
- Demonstrate and promote high standards in elegant system architecture and clean, efficient code with appropriate coverage of unit tests, as well as clear documentation
- Help set the long-term strategic roadmap and drive strategic initiatives for our Salesforce implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years Force.com development experience
- 3+ years building and managing Agile teams
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
- Excellent knowledge of declarative and programmatic tools
- Skilled with Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce APIs, SOAP- or REST-based web services, and SOQL
- Excellent understanding of design patterns and engineering best practices
- Experience working in and managing Agile teams
- Experience working within a defined SDLC process
- Experience with enterprise integration frameworks and service-oriented architecture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple competing priorities
- Adept at translating business needs to technical solutions
- Willingness to identify and solve challenging problems, from planning to execution to delivery
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various departments
- Team-oriented approach
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.