We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping others contribute more and develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. As an engineering manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
The Infrastructure team builds the foundation we need to support our web and mobile applications, and API. We build and operate the software that enables Asana’s security, scalability, and speed. Each day, we combine industry best-practices and innovation to support our product-focused company.
The Reykjavik office launched in January 2019 and will be expanding this year. As the office’s second Engineering Manager, you’re responsibilities are: growing the office from a single team to multiple teams, managing one of those teams, and strengthening team culture & career development.
What you'll achieve
- Manage and lead a new team within the Reykjavik office with focus on impactful deliveries
- Build out the Reykjavik office, thinking about the office culture, how the teams evolves, and how the office interacts with the rest of Asana
- Guide the articulation and execution of the roadmap of Asana’s infrastructure to support web and mobile clients
- 1+ year of engineering management experience
- Can rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team through your rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity, and technical skills
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion such as design documentation and white-boarding sessions
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
- Kind and intellectually mature
We value diversity. We provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know and feel that they’re equally respected and valued regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, political views, or any other aspect which makes someone unique. We’d love to see what you’d add to our team.
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries organize and manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group and Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, and Reykjavík, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.