We are looking for an experienced leader who will up-level the design organization on process, culture, collaboration, onboarding new hires, management and communication of our work. In this role, you will drive and work with other leaders to identify, prioritize, and evangelize strategic opportunities to improve execution and processes.
The Head of Design Operations is responsible for driving the design team culture, evolving processes and systems and programs that enable the team to scale with strength and build exemplary brand and product experiences in a creative, focused environment. This role works in partnership with our Head of Design and Design Management team.
What you’ll achieve
- Build our team mission and charter by gathering data, identifying gaps, improving processes, aligning teams and communicating results across the company.
- Facilitate all of this and all associated programming within a hyper-growth organization.
- Coordinate complex, multi-team, cross-functional product launches - focus on realizing customer benefit
- Improve cross-functional collaboration
- Develop and lead key initiatives to scale the design team (in partnership with design leaders and People Op), including:
- Guide the Design Management team to set overall priorities, developing skills and career growth, and defining success for the team
- Iterate on and optimize design on-boarding and training programs
- Identify gaps in design leadership/management and develop programs to address
- Spread best practices related to: user centered thinking and approaches, program execution, cross-office communication, cross-functional collaboration
- Create process for identifying, prioritizing and staffing work towards developer efficiency
- Own the execution and evolution of key processes and rhythms of the design organization, including:
- Coordinate/communicate staffing decisions
- Facilitate design sprints and brain storms
- Evolve crit, product forum, product development toolkit
- Own KR tracking
- Ensure progress towards goals is clearly and consistently communicated by teams
- 8 years relevant professional experience, including: design management, management consulting, project/program management of design deliverables
- Experienced leading and supporting high-performance, collaborative, design teams; expertise in design development processes
- Demonstrated leadership (with and without formal authority)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. or higher, preferably in a creative field
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.